Wednesday 27 July 2011

Green is the colour of rebirth...


Margaret Olley dies, aged 88.

Green was Painter Margaret Olley's favourite colour...  'green', she would say 'it's the colour of rebirth'.


I have a thing about paintings of mirrored reflections....and I love this one.  Here, she paints herself as a young artist in 1948, framed by the still objects and collectibles that would inspire her life's work and also by postcards of the works of the great masters whom she admired.  

Vale Margaret Olley and what a life well lived, doing, as she has said "The only thing I've wanted to do all my life."  And that's exactly what she did....  These words inspire me to refocus on my own direction in life and hopefully, gain more clarity as I continue on this winding and ever-changing path we call life.

1 comment:

  1. I think she was, and is, amazing...I needed to add a couple more pics for Margaret Olley

    ReplyDelete