Tuesday 19 July 2011

If not now, then when?


If not now, then when? This is the question that runs repeatedly through my mind. Things can only be put off for so long...or else they will never be done at all. I fear I am a procrastinator of the worst kind, and I am not sure why. Is it laziness, fear of failure, perfectionism??? Oh dear...

Sometimes my mind feels like this picture above...and the "to do" pile just keeps expanding, and rising, whilst the "done" pile seemingly diminishes in comparison. I feel overwhelmed by the multitude of uncompleted tasks. Perhaps if I just approach it in a logical fashion, and start one...just do it!!

5 comments:

  1. Ah yes, procrastination.... It seems to exist in a symbiotic (or rather parasitic!) relationship to Dreaming. If only I knew the answer to this paradox, for as you know, it is something I face also on an all too regular basis. So many ideas and dreams, so little time, or so it seems. Author Eric Maisel says we simply must make time for our creative pursuits and dreams, that we must steal moments and carve new hours out where there were none before....still perfecting this practice I admit! I guess we're all still 'works-in-progress', and the best and most logical thing would be to start at the top and work your way through.... And reward yourself for the little successes too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some very insightful quotes about procrastination, I felt inspired to action just reading them! http://www.stopprocrastinatinginfo.com/procrastination-quotes.htm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou for your insightful words, woodland dreamer, as always, they inspire me to "do". I also stumbled upon this website yesterday, and found some of the quotes felt so familiar...now to action!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, I love this idea of Eric Maisel's, to carve out more time...this is fabulous, and my mind is creating crazy visuals of this right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! Yes, In my mind I imagine that "Father Time" appears like a friendly wizards face morphing out of an ancient Oak!

    ReplyDelete