Wednesday 2 May 2012

Alice and The Hades Full Moon

Following on from woodland dreamer's post...

The Full Moon in Scorpio really shines a light on all those dark and mysterious things that we would often like to ignore, bury or hide away.
This Hades Full Moon allows us to traverse the underground; it gives us permission to reflect and transform ourselves from within.


Last years Scorpio Full Moon - May 2011


So, just as Alice ventured underground, so must we, if we are to face ourselves and allow the necessary changes to take place...




"I wonder if I've been changed in the night? Let me think. Was I the same when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I'm not the same, the next question is 'Who in the world am I?' Ah, that's the great puzzle!"



"Who Are You?"


 


"What Size Do You Want To Be?"



The Scorpio Full Moon also feels like a culmination of the Taurus New Moon. A time to reflect on what we began at the New Moon, and what we actually achieved. After all, it is really a cycle, with Taurus and Scorpio being polar opposites on the zodiac wheel.
If we look back even further, to the New Moon in Scorpio six months ago... what transformations started back then? Now is the time to use the power of the Scorpio Full Moon to reflect and seek clarity on those things too. How far have you come? How much further do you need to go? As Alice said "I wonder if I've been changed in the night?"



Artworks by Arthur Rackham
My own photograph

1 comment:

  1. Oh Alice is such a great analogy for this moons effect on us!

    I'm really hoping to be able to go deeper, seek further and return via rabbit-hole with new found clarity and determination....

    I really like the idea of reflecting back 6 months ago and seeing where we are, how far we have come, from then till now. As you said its all a cycle.... I think it's too easy sometimes to focus on short term events when really everything is unfolding in its own perfect timing... We are leading and growing. Also we tend to underestimate what we had done too! Sitting here today I feel as though I haven't done much at all over the past few months really, but on closer inspection I realise I've actually done a lot! I've moved, started renovating, started a new garden and started a course of study too! Now, maybe it's time to recognise our achievements, small though they may be, and give ourselves some credit once in a while!! Time to honour the small victories says I! Haha!

    ReplyDelete