Tuesday 1 May 2012

New Moon in Taurus and the Depths of the Heart

The recent New Moon in Taurus had me contemplating new beginnings, and specifically new beginnings in the area of Love.

The last half year has seen me travelling down a rocky road of love...experiencing the full breadth of emotion in regards to matters of the heart. I realise now, I never really knew the full depth of my heart and soul. I still don't, as it is an ongoing, never-ending journey of self discovery, but I do feel I am further down the path...

So, this New Moon in Taurus allowed me to reflect on these difficult times, and prepare for new beginnings in love. I made a little "love altar" and set myself some "Venusian" intentions; Venus being the ruler of Taurus. Venus representing love, beauty, attraction, sensuality, art...



I am hoping for some clarity and insight into my heart and it's desires...how to understand the complexities of one's heart?

"Her heart was a secret garden and the walls were very high."
William Goldman, The Princess Bride


Who do we allow into our secret garden? Who can penetrate those walls? And what does that garden contain?

2 comments:

  1. hmmmm... wise musings indeed my friend.

    Beautiful love altar too, Venus always brings out the beauty in us, and I often wonder if I neglect her aspect too much? Focussing only on my Diana/Artemisian ways, perhaps to my own detriment...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love that quote about her heart being a secret garden!

    ReplyDelete